What is egg protein powder? how do they make egg protein powder?
Protein powder made from egg whites is egg protein powder. Egg white is separated from the yolks, pulverized and then dehydrated , then egg whites are liquefied for easy storage and shipped to the processing facility. The liquid egg whites could sit for days before they are dried. During this time companies add Flavorings, preservatives, dyes and tons of other additives are usually tossed into the egg white protein powder.
How Is Egg White Protein Powder Made?
What are the benefits of egg protein powder over whey protein powder
1) it does not have lactose(milk sugar),so it is very good way to have protein without worrying about lactose intolerance(indigestion).
2) Egg protein powder have zero carbohydrate , so it is best protein powder to have when you want to lose weight.
3) Protein Evaluation methods - Egg protein's Biological (digestion)value method gives 94 score to egg ,Net protein Utilization score of egg is 1.
4) Egg protein powder, especially those made from free range eggs, contain considerable amounts of vitamins A, B and D. It has been found, too, that eggs sourced from pasture-raised chickens happen to have higher amounts of vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant, as compared to eggs harvested from factory-farmed poultry.
5) The proteins in egg whites digest at a moderate speed where as Whey is a fast-digesting protein, while casein is considered slow-digesting. Because egg-white protein powder falls somewhere in the middle, it keeps muscle protein synthesis going for longer than if you consumed just whey on its own.
What are disadvantage of egg protein powder?
Egg protein powder is typically manufactured through spray drying method. Though the eggs are typically pasteurized, egg protein powder is best served cooked to ensure that the avidin, a type of protein, has been deactivated. Avidin binds to biotin, a crucial B-vitamin. When this happens, biotin deficiency may occur and symptoms such as hair loss, skin problems, as well as neurological symptoms in adults like depression, may present.
Egg protein powder may also has dangerous pathogens like Salmonella, too. This is especially true if the eggs were sourced from factory farms. Chickens often live in toxic and polluted environments so these animals end up carrying diseases and infections.
Traces of antibiotics, hormones traces and other pharmaceuticals traces may be present in the egg protein powder if the raw material utilized was sourced from factory-farmed eggs as well. Antibiotics in factory-farmed eggs are particularly a concern as it has been found to cause antibiotics-resistance in humans.
What's the Real Difference Between Brown and White Eggs?
White-feathered chickens with white earlobes lay white eggs; red or brown ones with red earlobes lay brown eggs; and certain chicken breeds like Ameraucana , also known as the Eastern egg chicken, lays eggs with blue shells. Egg Shell quality does not differ by breed, though younger chickens lay eggs with harder shells. Brown-egg chickens tend to be larger and cost more to feed and raise, so white eggs are more cost-efficient.
The Main reason brown eggs cost more is because they come from chickens that have a big appetite! And also because they're a bit bigger in size. These brown feathered chickens eat more and hence are expensive to keep.
How much egg protein should I have?
Recommended daily allowance of protein (not just egg protein) starts from 0.8gram per kg(healthy individual) to 2gram per kg (pro bodybuilders).