Nutritional Supplements Library
What is pau D' arco?
Pau D'Arco is a tall tree, native to South America around 150 feet high with a base diameter of 4-6 feet. It has large purple flowers and can be found in the rainforest and parts of tropical South America. In the spring it is covered with a thick cluster of pink or red trumpet shaped flowers. It can also be found in other tropical areas of South America, Central America, and the Caribbean Islands. Pau d'Arco is commonly used as a tea.The medicinal part is the bark possessing antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, astringent and laxative properties.
What is the effective dosage of Pau D' arco supplementation?
The effective dosage is 250mg twice in a day. If you want to use it as a tea, boil 1 tsp of loose bark in 1 cup water (8 oz) for 5 to 15 minutes. Drink 1 cup 2-8 times a day.
What are the benefits of Pau D' arco supplementation?
• Pau D' arco is used to treat fungal infection.
• It has anti-inflammation effect.
• It is used to treat fungal infections.
• In animal studies, pau d'arco showed promise in shrinking cancer tumors,
What are the side effects of Pau D' arco supplementation?
Pau d' arco is safe. If pau d'arco tea or supplements cause stomach upset, take them with food.
• Pregnant or lactating women should avoid pau d'arco.
• Pau d'arco may amplify the effect of anticoagulant drugs.