Nutritional Supplements Library
What is Quercetin?
Quercetin is a potent bioflavinoid found in many foods.Quercetin is a member of the class of flavonoids called flavonols. It is widely distributed in the plant kingdom in rinds and barks. Especially rich sources of quercetin include onions, red wine, green tea and St. John's wort. Quercetin is a phenolic antioxidant and has been shown to inhibit lipid peroxidation. The putative anti-ulcer and gastroprotective effects of quercetin may, in part, be accounted for by this activity.
What is the effective dosage of Qurecetin?
Follow the direction written on product label.
What are the benefits of Qurecetin?
• Quercetin has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effects.
• It also has anti- tumor properties
• It is powerful Antioxidant.
• It may improve cardiovascular health.
What are the side effects of Qurecetin?
At this time quercetin side effects are not well established (more clinical studies are required).But reported side effect includes but not limited to nausea, vomiting and stomach upset.
• Because of lack of long-term safety data, quercetin should be avoided by pregnant women, nursing mothers and children.