Nutritional Supplements Library
What is Royal jelly?
Royal jelly is a type of bee secretion that aids in the development of immature or young bees and queen bee. It is secreted by the heads of young workers and used (amongst other substances) to feed the young until they develop to the desired rank.other than young ones it is fed to queen bee. Royal jelly is a combination of flower nectar, sugars, proteins, and bee glandular secretions.Royal jelly is a thick, extremely nutritious, milky-white, creamy liquid secreted by the hypopharyngeal glands of the nurse bees. It contains approximately 12% protein with 5-6% lipids and 12-15% carbohydrates. It's B Vitamin content is high, it has 17 amino acids including all 8 essential amino acids. It also contains Inositol, Vit-c, folic acid and niacin.
What is the effective dosage of Royal jelly?
Follow the instruction written on products label.
What are the benefits of Royal jelly?
• Royal jelly is famous for its nutritious contents.
• It is very effective for treating skin disorders.
• It combats fatigue and insomnia.
• It is rich in antioxidants.
• It may slows the signs of aging.
• It may help to treat "failure-to-thrive" syndrome in newborns.
• It boosts immune system.
What are the side effects of Royal jelly?
People who are allergic to bee stings for example, are at a high risk of serious side effects as are asthmatics. Side effects range from skin irritations, bronchial distress to anaphylactic shock.
• Since the product is perishable, producers must have immediate access to proper cold storage (e.g. a household refrigerator or freezer) in which the royal jelly is stored until it is sold or conveyed to a collection centre.
• It is not for children or pregnant or breast feeding women.
• For those with a history of allergies or with asthma, taking royal jelly has caused bronchial spasms, acute asthma, anaphylactic shock, and in rare cases, death. It is therefore imperative that anyone who is considering supplementing with royal jelly consults with a physician before its use, especially those who are allergic to bee stings, honey, or who have asthma.