Nutritional Supplements Library
What is Probiotics?
Probiotics is a Greek word meaning "for life". This contrasts with Antibiotics meaning "against life". This term probiotics is now generally used to describe the living beneficial bacteria that support digestion as well as vaginal and urinary tract health.It is a beneficial bacteria (live microorganisms) for human body that normally inhabit a healthy digestive system. There are 20 times more bacteria than cells in your body. Probiotics is also referred to as the "friendly", "beneficial", or "good" bacteria which when ingested acts to maintain a healthy intestinal tract and help fight illness and disease. This dry probiotics (good bacteria) can remain quite healthy for long periods of time after drying. They regain activity when they encounter the moist regions in your body. The most well known source of probiotics is yogurt. The following describe the various bacteria and yeasts used as probiotics: BIFIDOBACTERIUM, LACTOBACILLUS, LACTOCOCCUS, SACCHAROMYCES, STREPTOCOCCUS THERMOPHILUS and ENTEROCOCCUS.
What do we require it's supplementation?
• Under certain conditions taking antibiotics drugs, stress, traveling, frequently eating out, ingesting chemicals and food from inorganic farm in our food -the population of good microflora in your digestive system can be reduced.Unadequate amount of good bacteria can lead to digestion problem.
• You can certainly get them from food source but the stomach is a sterile and acidic environment and has been designed to kill off bacteria - the good bacteria along with the bad. And if the good bacteria cannot get to the large colon - that part of the intestine where they are most needed - then you will not get the full benefit. Tablets are coated with a special protective layer to ensure the microorganism will survive in route through the stomach and will get to the lower part of the intestine.
• Two of the most damaging substances to the delicate intestinal flora balance are chlorine and sodium fluoride, present in most treated city water, and thus also present in most beverages which one gets at restaurants. The drinking of alcoholic beverages also contributes to the destruction of the intestinal flora.probiotic supplement can repair that damage.
What is the effective dosage for pyruvate supplementation?
Generally you will encounter two categories of probiotics supplement ranges. Products sold as probiotics formulas will be effective from 2 billion to 12 billion cells per daily dosages. In multinutriients formulas, the dosage is usually lower, 250million to 2 billion probiotics cells per day.
What are the benefits of pyruvate supplementation?
• Probiotics enhances the immune system.
• It helps to reduce the risk of certain diarrheal illnesses
• It assists lactose intolerant people with lactose digestion.
• It minimizes the side effects of bad bacteria.
• It helps to absorption of food and vitamins and minerals.
• It helps to optimize the function of digestive system.
What are the side effects of pyruvate supplementation?
In general, probiotics comprised of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium are safe. Some products marketed as probiotics are undefined mixtures of microorganisms of other genera and it is difficult to know if they are safe or not.
• Pregnant women and nursing mothers should only use probiotic nutritional supplements if recommended by their physicians.